The Send Email tool allows you to send email to other people in your course from within Blackboard Learn without launching an external email program, such as Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo. Email can be sent to individual users or to groups of users. A copy of email messages is sent to the sender by default.
Important Note: Blackboard Learn keeps no record of sent or received email. When you receive or send an email, the email appears in the Inbox of your external email program. Keep a copy of important messages in case you need them at a later date.
You can send email to the following people in a course:
- All Users: Sends email to all users in the course.
- All Groups: Sends email to all of the groups in a specified course.
- All Teaching Assistant Users: Sends email to all of the Teaching Assistants in a specified course.
- All Student Users: Sends an email to all students in the course.
- All Instructor Users: Sends email to all of the instructors for a specified course.
- Single/Select Users: Sends email to select users.
- Single/Select Groups: Sends email to select groups.
Recipients of each email will not see the email addresses of other recipients.
- On the Course Menu, click the Tools link; from the Tools page, click the Send Email icon.
- On the Send Email page, click the desired recipient group (must be a member of the course)*.
*If you choose Select Users or Select Groups, you'll need to select the recipients in the Available to Select box and click the right-arrow to move them into the Selected box on the subsequent page that appears.
- Enter the Subject and Message of your email, and Attach a file if desired (multiple files may be attached).
- Click Submit.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for additional help with using email in WebCampus.