It is possible to select specific notification types and emails that you will receive. All Notification types, by default, are displayed on the Notifications Dashboard.
All Email notification types, by default, are turned Off. If you turn on the notification for a specific tool or feature, an email will be sent out corresponding to that notification. For the following items, email notifications can only be sent out if daily digest email is selected:
- Early Warning System Rule details
- Unread Discussion Board messages
- Unread blog posts
- Unread journal entries
To access your notification settings, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Global Navigation Panel (drop down arrow next to your name on the upper-right hand side of the screen).
- Click on Settings then select Edit Notification Settings.
- On the Edit Notification Settings page, under Bulk Edit Notification Settings, click Courses I am taking.
- In the Select Course section, choose the course(s) you would like to modify settings for, or leave the default selection to All.
- In the Settings section, you are given a list of notifications types and an indication that each notification is 1) On/Off, 2) posted via the Dashboard, or 3) sent via Email. To disable notifications for a particular item, uncheck the box next to the name of the notification. If you would like to receive a notification via email, check the box under the Email column to the far right of the notification name.
- Click Submit to save your settings.