You can search for specific text—a phrase, word, part of a word, or a name —in the discussion board. The results appear on a Search Results page.
- On the course menu, click Discussions.
- On the Discussion Board page, click Search and the Search field will expand.
- In the Search text box, type search criteria, including any keywords or names you want to find.
- In the drop-down list, select an area to search.
- Current Discussion Board
- All Forums in Course
- To further narrow your search results, select the After and Before check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Type dates and times in the boxes or use the pop-up Date Selection Calendar and Time Selection Menu to select dates and times.
- Click Go.
On the Search Results page, you can read and print the results. On the action bar, click Print Preview to open the page in a new window in printer-friendly format. Posts print in the order they appear on the page. To select which posts appear and in which order, you can filter and sort posts using the Filter function and the Sort by and Order drop-down lists on the action bar.
On this page, you can also reply to posts and mark messages read or unread. Click the Quote function to include the post's text as part of your reply. To view the responses to a post, click the post's hyperlinked title to navigate to the Thread Detail page.
You can also select the check box to collect multiple posts for reading or printing.
How to Sort Discussion Posts After Searching or Collecting
To narrow your search results or sort a collection, you can use the Sort by and Order drop-down lists. If you print the posts after sorting, the posts print in the order they appear on the page.
Note: If the author or authors of some posts are no longer enrolled in the course, the posts may appear out of order.