Forums are made up of individual discussion threads that can be organized around a particular subject. The discussion board is usually created by your instructor and centered around a particular topic; individual discussion threads contain an initial post along with any replies.
Once you click on the name of a Forum, you can then create a new thread:
- On the Course Menu, click Discussions or Tools | Discussion Board
- From the Discussion Board page, click the name of the forum. Note: Your instructor may also have links directly to the forums from a content area within your course.
- On the Forum page, click Create Thread.
- On the Create Thread page, enter a Subject.
- In the Message text box, type your reply. You can use the Content Editor functions to format the text and add files, images, web links, multimedia, and Mash-ups.
- Alternatively, in the Attachments section, you may attach a file using the Browse My Computer button.
- Click Submit to create the thread. Your new thread will appear in the forum and your classmates will be able to view and respond to it.