You can use the Course Calendar to provide students with dates for course related events. Course Calendar events appear to all members of the course. Common entries you may include in the Course Calendar are:
- Section meetings
- Instructor Office Hours
- Guest speakers
- Course Items with Due Dates
To access the Course Calendar, navigate to the Control Panel, and under Course Tools, click Course Calendar.
The Course Calendar should appear where you can:
- Create a New Course Event
- Change the Month
- Change the View setting
- View/Edit/Delete a Calendar Event (click event to view details)
- Customize Color Coding for courses (click bottom-right corner of the specific course calendar to view color options)
Creating a Calendar Event
- With the Course Calendar open, click Create New Event icon (plus sign in the upper right hand corner of the calendar) or click on the date you would like to add your new event to.
- On the Create Course Event page, enter the Event Name and Event Description (optional but recommended).
- Enter the Event Date, Event Start Time, and Event End Time.
- If no date and time specified, click All Day
- Check the box next to Repeat if you would like the new event to appear more than once
- Click Save.
Editing or Deleting a Calendar Event
- With the Course Calendar open, click a Course Event to open it.
- If editing, make the desired changes on the Edit Course Event page and click Save when finished.
- To delete an item, click the Delete link below the Event Description. If you do not see the Delete option, your calendar entry was created through setting a due date on the item in your course. To remove the item from your calendar, you will need to remove the due date.