Note: Your quiz/test must be deployed to a content area in your WebCampus course before you can enable the LockDown Browser requirement.
Step 1: Enable to tool (this step only needs to be done once in each of your section(s))
- From the Control Panel on the left, click on Customization
- Click on Tool Availability
- Locate Respondus LockDown Browser in the list and check the box to the right of it
- Click Submit
Step 2: Enable LockDown Browser on your WebCampus Test/Quiz
**Note: If you use web links in any of your test questions, students will only be able to visit the first page of the link. They will not be able to navigate through the website using LockDown Browser.
- From the Control Panel on the left, click on Course Tools
- Select Respondus LockDown Browser
- A list of deployed tests will be displayed. To change the settings for the test, click on the menu icon () to the left of the title of the and select Modify Settings.
- Select Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam
- Click on the + sign next to Advanced Settings to apply any additional settings
Note: This is where you would allow students to use an iPad to complete the exam using the LockDown Browser app
- Click Save and Close
Warning: Once you have designated an exam to use LockDown Browser, do NOT modify the following settings under test options: 1) Name, 2) Open Test in New Window, 3) Require a password, and 4) Password. If these settings have been modified, "Error" will appear in the LockDown Browser Dashboard.