You can enter grades in the Grade Center in the following ways:
- Scores are entered automatically into the Grade Center for course items you create such as online tests, exams, and surveys.
- You can manually enter grades into the Grade Center using any of the views of the Grade Center.
- You can upload grades from an external source, such as a comma separated values (CSV) file or an Excel spreadsheet, eliminating the need for double entry.
Automatically Entered Grades
Tests you add to your course are scored automatically and recorded in the corresponding Grade Center column. Some questions require manual grading such as Essay questions. To learn how to enter or modify grades for tests and assignments, please see the help pages covering Viewing/Grading Assignments and Viewing/Grading Tests or Surveys.
Manually Entered Grades
The following instructions are for columns that you manually created in your grade center. For assignment grading, please see Viewing/Grading Assignments.
- In the Control Panel, click to expand the Grade Center section and click Full Grade Center.
- To enter a new grade or edit an existing one, click on the cell you would like to add the grade to.
- Type in the grade.
- Click Enter or Return on your keyboard to save your entry and move to the next student's cell.
Note: If you do not press Enter and you attempt to leave the cell or Grade Center, a dialog box will appear asking if you want to save the grade entry.
Uploading Grades From External Sources
To eliminate repeated entry of Grade Center data in several tools, you can work offline and then upload grades into the Grade Center. You can upload grades from external sources such as a comma separated values (CSV) file or an Excel spreadsheet. Data must be formatted specifically to upload correctly and be synched with existing Grade Center data. See Using Excel to Edit Your Grades