You can create tests and surveys and then add links to them within Content Areas, Learning Modules, Lessons Plans, or folders.
Creating a New Test
- In the Control Panel, under Course Tools, click Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
- On the Tests, Surveys, and Pools page, click Tests.
- The Tests page will display any tests that have been previously created and allows the building of new tests. Click Build Test to begin.
- On the Test Information page, enter a Name, Description, and Instructions for your test and click Submit.
- You'll be taken to the Test Canvas area for your quiz where you can create, reuse, or upload questions. Before you create your questions click Question Settings to review the available options, which include the ability to add images, files, or hyperlinks to questions (and/or answers) and default scoring settings among others. Click Submit to save any changes you made.
- To create questions, you will follow the same basic process:
- Mouse over Create Question
- Choose a Question Type
- Type an optional Question Title
- Type the Question Text
- Specify the Answer(s)
- Provide any other details that are required based on the Question Type you selected. Blackboard demonstration videos are available on this page for many of the common question types.
- When you are finished creating questions, click OK. Your test has been saved and can now be linked to a Content Area within your course.