A Lesson Plan is a container for content items, similar to a Content Area, Learning Module, or folder. You can use Lesson Plans to help students understand the intended result of their learning and prepare them for the content ahead.
- Make sure that Edit Mode is ON, and click an existing Content Area (Syllabus, Course Information, Assignments) from the Course Menu on the left.
- Mouse over Build Content on the action bar and select Lesson Plan.
- On the Create Lesson Plan page, type the lesson plan Name and add an optional Description in the Text Editor box.
- Next, fill out any of the default lesson plan elements: Instructional Level, Instructor, Objectives, and Subject Area. Any of these can be edited (click to edit the name), and you can select which ones you would like to share with the students. Optionally, you can delete unwanted lesson plan elements by clicking the in the top right corner of the element section, but keep in mind that if information is not added to an element, it will simply not appear in the lesson plan and doesn't have to be deleted.
- If you would like to add new elements to your lesson plan, you can mouse over Add Lesson Plan Section on the action bar to access a drop-down list of choices. Any new elements that are selected will be added to the bottom of the list on the Create Lesson Plan page you are editing. Section Headings, for example, can be used to organize elements of your lesson plan.
- In the Options section you can make the item available to students by selecting Yes for the Permit Users to View this Content.
- Click Save and Exit to save the lesson plan shell and leave this area, or click Save and Continue to visit the Curriculum Resources tab and start creating content for the lesson plan immediately.
Here is a sample showing how students will view your lesson plan:
- The lesson profile and instructional objectives appear in the top portion of the page.
- All content items will appear in the lower portion of the page.