Learning Modules are course areas that allow you to organize related course materials into a Table of Contents to provide a rich and interactive learning experience. Students typically access Learning Modules in Content Areas.
- Make sure that Edit Mode is ON, and click an existing Content Area (Syllabus, Course Information, Assignments) from the Course Menu on the left.
- Mouse over Build Content on the action bar and select Learning Module.
- On the Create Learning Module page, type the item's Name and add an optional Description in the Text Editor box.
- In the Availability section you can make the item available to students by selecting Yes for the Permit Users to View this Content.
- In the View section, you can force students to view the pages in a predetermined order set by you. You also have the option to have the learning module launch in a separate browser window instead of within the current content frame. This allows students to have the learning module open while they navigate to other areas of the course.
- In the Table of Contents section you can make the table of contents available to students by selecting Yes for the Show Table of Contents to Users option. You can also choose if you would like a hierarchical display (Letters, Numbers, Mixed, or Roman Numerals).
- Click Submit to save the item.
Here is a sample showing how students will view your learning module:
- The Table of Contents displays the items you added to the Learning Module. You can move it to the bottom, expand, collapse, or remove it from view using the icons. You can hide the Table of Contents by editing Learning Module settings.
- Content displays in the content frame.
- Click the arrows to scroll through the items in the Learning Module sequentially.