Course Groups allow instructors to create groups of students within their course to collaborate on assignments, discuss course topics, and perform other similar tasks. The steps below outline how to create a student group and manually add students to that group. You also have the option to have students self-enroll in the groups you create.
- In the Control Panel, click to expand the Users and Groups section and click Groups. If you have made the Groups tool link available on the Course Menu, you can use that link as well.
- Mouse over Create Single Group on the action bar and select Manual Enroll.
- On the Create Group page, type the group Name and add an optional Description in the Text Editor box. Select Yes to the Group Available option if you would like to make this content available to the group members.
- Select any tools that you would like to make available to the group members. Discussion board, Email, File Exchange are all good options while the other tools may be either unnecessary or unwanted for the purpose of your group work.
- If you would like to allow students to add personal space modules to their Group's home page (such as a group calendar or...), click the Allow Personalization checkbox.
- Select the members you would like to add in the Items to Select box and use the right-arrow to add the students to the Selected Items box. You can hold down the CTRL key while clicking member names to select multiple people.
- Click Submit to save the group.