Creating a Glossary
- Make sure that Edit Mode is ON, and mouse over the symbol from the Course Menu on the left to add a new Tool Link.
- In the Add Tool Link window, type the Name of your glossary and select Glossary from the Tool Type pull-down menu. You can make the glossary available to users by placing a checkmark next to Available to Users. Click Submit when finished.
- Select the Glossary link that should now be appearing on your course menu. You may add terms manually, one at a time, by clicking Create Term on the action bar. Alternatively, you may mouse over Upload/Download and then Upload Glossary to upload a glossary you have already created. Note: If you intend to upload a glossary, it must be prepared first as a tab-delimited text file (.txt) or a comma-separated value file (.csv). The should contain a term and its definition on each line separated by either a tab (.txt) or a comma (.csv).
Manually Adding Glossary Terms
- From within your course glossary, click Create Term.
- Enter a Term and Definition in the appropriate fields.
- Click Submit when finished. Repeat as needed to create additional terms for your glossary.